The school dinners at Anchorsholme Academy are provided by Blackpool Catering Services.
Universal Infant Free School Meals were introduced in September 2014. This entitles all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 to a free school meal.
School dinners cost £2 per day for children in Preschool and Years 3-6, unless your child is entitled to a Free School Meal, authorised by Capita (check your child’s eligibility at https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/sims). School dinners must be paid for in full one week in advance via ParentPay.
Please be aware that parents and carers must notify the school office if you wish your child to swap between school dinners and packed lunches, or vice versa. You must do this one week before changing your preference and you must also pay for school dinners in advance. Unfortunately, if the office has not been notified of changes, you may still be charged.
At Anchorsholme Academy, we are very proud of our ‘Health and Hygiene’ rating of a ‘5’!
Anchorsholme Academy has adopted a ‘no debts’ policy relating to payable services. All payable accounts must be in credit at all times and the academy reserves the right to deny access to paid services (e.g. Breakfast Club and After School Club) if other paid services (e.g. School Dinners/Music Lessons) are in arrears.
Unfortunately, due to recent changes, we are now UNABLE TO TAKE ANY CARD PAYMENTS over the phone or in the office. Parents must make all payments themselves on www.parentpay.com.
Blackpool Catering Services Mission Statement
Blackpool Catering Services are passionate about food. We only use the best ingredients from suppliers who treasure their ingredients as much as our chefs do. We aim to provide tasty, but healthy well balanced meals which meet the national guidelines as detailed within government legislation. In primary schools we offer a choice of hot meals each day and also have available unlimited salad, fruit and bread. The meals also include a drink and a choice of dessert.Why choose us?
- Freshly prepared nutritious meals, using wholesome ingredients
- Fully trained and qualified catering staff who care, and will make every effort to encourage your child to choose a healthy meal
- 3 week cycle menu, with a varied choice of meal options
- Menus, which comply with the nutritional standards for school lunches
- Special dietary needs can be catered for
- Vegetarian choices available daily
- Development of social skills
- Food to help children think and grow
- Increase in concentration levels in the afternoon after eating a well-balanced school lunch
Our passion is shared by everyone in our company. A desire to deliver innovative food and service solutions to the highest standard is the driving force behind everything we do.