STATUTORY INFORMATIONSchool Financial Information
Annual Reports and Financial Statements
The Academies Accounts Direction is the reference pack for The Sea View Trust and its appointed auditors to use when preparing and auditing financial statements for the accounting period ending on 31 August annually.
To produce the Accounts Direction, the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) takes the requirements set out by the Charity Commission in its Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP) and translates them into a form applicable to Academy Trusts.
The Accounts Direction outlines the requirements for our Academy Trust to:
- prepare an annual report and financial statements to 31 August
- have these accounts audited annually by independent registered auditors
- produce a statement of regularity, propriety and compliance and obtain a regularity assurance report on this statement from the auditor
- submit the audited accounts and auditor’s regularity assurance report to ESFA within 4 months of its year end, usually by 31 December
- file the accounts with the Companies Registrar as required under the Companies Act 2006
- publish the audited accounts on the Trust’s website by 31 January
The Accounts Direction explains the elements that must be included in The Sea View Trust annual report and financial statements and the accounting treatments required. It also provides a model format for the report and the financial statements and this ensures consistency of treatment between Academy Trusts.
We publish our accounts on this Trust website as soon as possible after approval by the Trustees, but by no later than 31 January each year.
If you have any queries regarding The Sea View Trust annual reports and financial statements, please contact the the Trust Business Team in the first instance.
The Annual Reports and Financial Statements:
- Financial Statement of Accounts – 2021 2022
- Financial Statement of Accounts – 2020 2021
- Financial Statement of Accounts – 2019 2020
- Financial Statement of Accounts – 2019 (The View Trust for 2 months pre-merger)
- Financial Statement of Accounts – 2018 2019 (BMAT full year for pre-merger)
Angela Holdsworth, CEO and Accounting Officer
In line with statutory requirements contained within the Academies Financial handbook, the following document contains information regarding the Trust’s Executive Pay.
GENDER PAY GAP
In line with statutory requirements, the Trust monitors the gender pay at least annually. In the last 3 years there have been no gender pay gap concerns and the Trust continually seeks to recruit a diverse and inclusive workforce, representative of today’s British society.
TRUST GOVERNANCE DOCUMENTS
The Department for Education requires a number of statutory documents to be published by Multi Academy Trusts.
Further information can be found on The Sea View Trust website: