At Anchorsholme Academy, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of all our pupils and staff. We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
At our school we:
- Help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries.
- Help children to understand their emotions and feelings better.
- Encourage children to be confident and ‘dare to be different’.
- Help children socially to form and maintain relationships.
- Promote self esteem and ensure children know that they count.
- Help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks.
Our Emotional Wellbeing offer:
|Meet and Greet
The Anchorsholme Way
“Catching the good”
Daily Walk and Talk (Track)
Celebrations of Learning
Walk and Talk
“Eyes on” children
Gathering “child’s voice”
IDL Wellbeing programme
Wider opps (music/film)
Transition photo books
S&L therapist (NLP)
The Linden Centre (bereavement)
Inclusion Team (SEMH advisor)
Draw and Talk (external)
Lead staff members:
- Tina Foster – Senior Mental Health Lead / Accredited Adult Mental Health First Aider
- Jane Carter – Accredited Youth Mental Health First Aider
- Helen Eckersley – Accredited Youth Mental Health Champion
Warm Up Hubs
Blackpool FC, Blackpool FC Community Trust and Blackpool Council are working together to tackle the cost of living by helping you keep warm this winter.
Join us at Bloomfield Road Stadium for a warm meal, activities or just a place to feel cozy and safe.
National Sleep Helpline
One in four children in the UK are not getting enough sleep, this has an impact on their behaviour and ability to learn, as well as their physical health.
The new National Sleep Free Helpline is run by trained sleep advisors who can talk to young people directly, or parents (we can also talk to parents about their own sleep issues).
The helpline is open 5 nights a week, Sunday to Thursday, 7-9pm and the number is 03303 530 541.
Further information can be found here: https://thesleepcharity.org.uk/national-sleep-helpline/
The Options4cyp include: PMHW’s, CAHMS, CYWP’s, CASHER, Psychology, Youtherapy and SHINE/MHST a representative from each service will be attending to talk about what support they individually offer to children and young people.
Join us on Tuesday 7th February 2023 between 2:30 – 5pm at Revoe Family Hub, Grasmere Road, Blackpool, FY1 5HP.
Children’s Mental Health Week
6 – 12 February 2023 is Children’s Mental Health Week. The week is run by children’s mental health charity Place2Be to raise awareness of the importance of children and young people’s mental health. This year’s theme is Let’sConnect.
Please see below some further information and tips for parents & carers.
- What to do if a child is worried
- Anna Freud Parents and Carers Advice
- Lancashire Mindmatters
- Dealing with anxiety
- Every Mind Matters
- Young Minds Parents’ Survival Guide
- Family Lives Confidential Helpline Service
- Resources and free helpline for single parents
- Coping with the changes and transitions during their time at school
- NHS Alcohol Support
- Place 2 Be
- Young Minds
- Kooth Online Mental Wellbeing Community
- Blackpool CAMHS
- Primary Mental Health Workers
- Anna Freud – National Centre for Children and Families
- MindEd Free Learning Resources
- Winstons Wish
- Child Bereavement UK
- Beat Eating Disorders
- Action for Children
- National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC)
- Mental Health
- Blackpool Young Carers
- Papyrus – Prevention of Young Suicide
- How to talk to your teenager about the invasion of Ukraine
- Brain Breaks: Helping Children Settle Back into the Classroom
- Blackpool CAMHS COVID-19 Booklet
- Breathing and Thinking Guided Meditation
- Childhood Trauma and the Brain
- Circle of Control
- Primary Age 7-11 Managing Stress
- Useful Mental Help Apps
- Looking After Your Emotional Health and Well-Being
- Alarming Adrenaline
- CYP Services and Self-Help Blackpool
- Keeping Safe Online Toolkit
- Ready to level up your lingo?
- Ollee Mental Health Supporter Promotion Pack